This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Produced feature films (2013)|
Konkani cinema is an Indian film industry, where films are made in the Konkani language, which is spoken mainly in the Indian states of Goa, Maharashtra and Karnataka and to a smaller extent in Kerala. Konkani films have been produced in Goa, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Kerala.
As of 2018, when the Indian film industry celebrated its centennial, a total of 145 feature films were released. This was another increase over a total films made until 2009 as documented by Isidore Dantas in his book Konkani Cholchitram.
The first full-length Konkani film was Sukhi Konn produced by GMB Rodrigues in 1949 but was never released. Mogacho Anvddo, was released on 24 April 1950, and was produced and directed by Jerry Braganza, a native of Mapusa, under the banner of ETICA Pictures. Hence, 24 April is celebrated as Konkani Film Day. In 2008-09, Mr JoJo Dsouza of Goa began the first small scale digital film training academy in Goa. He drew inspiration from noted film genius Ashok Miranda.
Konkani films are eligible for the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Konkani. The most commercially successful Konkani film (as of June 2011) is O Maria directed by Rajendra Talak.
Some old Konkani films are Sukhachem Sopon, Amchem Noxib, Nirmonn, Mhoji Ghorkarn, Kortubancho Sonvsar, Jivit Amchem Oxem, Mog ani Moipas, Bhuierantlo Munis, Suzanne, Boglantt, Padri and Bhogsonne. Ujwadu is a 2011 Konkani film directed by Kasargod Chinna and produced by KJ Dhananjaya and Anuradha Padiyar.
Numerous short films have been made in Konkani such as Cheddum...the Girl by Sharon Mazarello., Sin, by Ramprasad Adpaikar
The film In Search of Mother, was amongst one of the first COMPLETELY digital Konkani films. It was co produced by the ESG and JoJo Dsouza and Directed by Ramprasad Adpaikar with production at RJ Films, Goa. Post production was also done at RJ films studio.
Goa's first 24x7 Digital Film and Media Production house BIG BANNER ENTERTAINMENT AND MEDIA LLP was founded by Mr. Deepak A. Bandekar, Mrs. Chandan D. Bandekar and Smt. Deepa A. Bandekar in collaboration with Mr. Jojo JF D'Souza and his team. This state of the art studio was inaugurated by noted film personality Mr. Manoj Pawha and Mr. Rajendra Talak, Writer, Director, Film-maker, in December in December 2017. The studio has complete production and post production facilities that are globally accepted in sound, video and film as well as print and publishing. Big Banner Entertainment and Media LLP also recently worked successfully on a project with Sony Music Entertainment and Disney which is a big achievement for the small industry in Goa. They are currently expanding to Line Production and boosting the film capabilities in the state of Goa.
List of Konkani Movies
Goan dialects Southern Saraswat dialect Mangalorean Catholic dialect Mixed dialects
|1950||Mogacho Anvddo||Jerry Braganza||Jerry Braganza||The first full length Konkani film|
|1963||Amchem Noxib||Franklin Fernandes||Franklin Fernandes|
|1966||Nirmonn||Franklin Fernandes||A. Salam||The film won two National Awards at the hands of India's then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.|
|1967||Sukhachem Sopon||Jerry Braganza||Jerry Braganza|
|1971||Jivit Amchem Oxem|
|1977||Mog ani Moipass||United Youngsters of Mangalore brought out the first colored Konkani film|
|1978||Tisri Chitt||Peter Gonsalves||Produced in 1973|
|1980||Tapaswini||GSB Mandal||Amrit Prabhu|
|1981||Jana Mana||GSB Mandal||Ramesh Kamath|
|1985||Zau Zau Teg Bhau|
|1988||Kazara Uprant||Henry D'Silva Suratkal|
|2004||Aleesha||Rajendra Talak||Rajendra Talak||National Award for Best Feature Film in Konkani at the 52nd National Film Awards|
|2006||Antarnad||Rajendra Talak||Rajendra Talak||National Award for Best Feature Film in Konkani at the 57th National Film Awards|
|2009||Paltadacho Munis||NFDC||Laxmikant Shetgaonkar||This Film has been included in the world's best films of 2009 list.|
|2009||Kazar||Frank Fernandes||Richard Castelino|
|2009||Jagor||Damodar Naik||Sangramsingh Gaekwad|
|2010||Tum Kitem Kortolo Aslo?||Sharon Mazarello||Sharon Mazarello||Screened at Addis Ababa international film festival and Marbella International Film Festival, premiered at Kuwait|
|2010||Saavariyaa.com||Rajendra Talak||The film is about internet marriage in Goa|
|2011||O Maria||M.B Creations||Rajendra Talak||The most commercially successful Konkani film|
|2011||In Search of ... Mother||Jojo D'Souza||Raamprasaad Adpaikar|
|2011||Ujwadu||KJ Dhananjaya and Anuradha Padiyar||Kasargod Chinna|
|2012||The Victim||Milroy Goes||First Digital Theatrical Film|
|2013||Baga Beach||Pramod Salgaocar||Laxmikant Shetgaonkar||Screened at International Film Festival of India and won a national award.|
|2013||Mortoo||Atrey Sawant||Jitendra Shikerkar||Screened at International Film Festival of India and won a state award.|
|2014||Home Sweet Home ||Swapnil Shetkar|
|2015||Nachom-ia Kumpasar||Goa Folklore Productions||Bardroy Barretto|
|2015||ENEMY?||A.Durga Prasad||Dinesh P. Bhonsle||Won National Award for Best Konkani Film, Won Best Foreign-language feature film in International Film Maker Festival of World Cinema, Milan, Italy|
|2015||Hanv Tum Tum Hanv||Eddie Fernandes||Raamprasaad Adpaikar||Sci-fi based black comedy film|
|2015||Home Sweet Home 2||Swapnil Shetkar||First Konkani Sequel Film|
|2015||Nirmon the Destiny||Eesha and Noah Productions||Sripad R.A.Pai||First remake Konkani film|
|2016||Ek Aslear Ek Na||Frank Fernandes||Pradeep Paladka|
|2016||Noxibacho Khell||Henry D'Silva Suratkal||Harry Fernandes|
|2016||K Sera Sera – Ghodpachem Ghoddtelem||Gayatri Pednekar||Rajeev Shinde|
|2016||Aa Vai Ja Sa||Ramesh Kamath||First Konkani Children's film|
|2017||WELCOME M1LL10NS||Manna Mohie||Milroy Goes||Film Contested at Oscars 2019 - 91st Academy Awards 2019 in General Category. Premiered in Los Angeles, USA.|
|2017||Mogan Tujea||R Jovito Rodrigues
||R Jovito Rodrigues|
|2017||Planning ... Devachem||Severino Fernandes||Rajesh Fernandes||Audio released|
|2017||Oxem Zalem Koxem||Maxim Pereira
|Maxim Pereira||Also Tulu film|
|2017||Sophiya||Janet Noronha||Harry Fernandes||The film won Best Regional Movie, Karnataka State Award 2017/18|
|2017||Juze ||Thin Air Productions, Kepler film, Cine Sud promotions, Three River Films, Films Boutique||Miransha Naik|
|2017||Soul Curry ||Reflection Creation||Nieelesh Malkar||Starring Jackie Shroff and Seema Biswas in the main roles, it won Goa State Awards|
|2017||Martin||A.Durga Prasad||Jitendra Shikerkar||First Konkani suspense thriller|
|2017||Anthu ||GSB Mandal||Karopady Akshaya Nayak|
|2017||MOGAN PODLO||Prasad Creations, Goa||A. Durga Prasad||First Konkani Dubbed film in Goa|
|2018||O LA LA||AXIS VISION||Sripad R.A.Pai||Releasing on 27 May 2018|
|2018||Zanvoy No 1||Harry Fernandes||Harry Fernandes||Mangalorean film with Goan artistes|
|2018||7 days||Rocky D’Souza||Joywin Fernandes|
|2018||Questao De Confusao||Chetana Productions, Go Goa Gollywood, The Neutral View||Swapnil Shetkar||Releasing on 28 September 2018|
|2018||Amizade (English: Friendship) ||Sachin Verlekar||Aniket Naik||The film was released on 7 December 2018.|
|2019||Kantaar||Janet Noronha||Nilesh Malkar|
|2020||Ironheart||Spring Pictures||Gautam Parwar||Theatrical release on 14 February 2020 at Inox Goa Multiplex|
- "News Archives:". The Hindu. 17 April 2011. Archived from the original on 10 November 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "First Konkani film 'Mogacho Aunddo's reel restored". 23 July 2015. Archived from the original on 18 February 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Panaji Konkani Cinema - A Long Way to Go". Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Yahoo! Groups". Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Archived copy". The Navhind Times. Archived from the original on 10 June 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Dearcinema.com Archived 2014-02-23 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 February 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Konkani movie 'The Victim' hits screens on Sept 14 - Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 8 January 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- Silveira, Mary (10 September 2011). "Konkani Film goes International in Spain". Goan Voice, Canada: People Places and Things. Archived from the original on 8 May 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "My film would have made it to the Panorama section: Talak". Outlook India. Archived from the original on 28 December 2018. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- Lobo, Joanna (11 November 2012). "Konkani cinema: For love not money". DNA India. Archived from the original on 28 December 2018. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "Home Sweet Home (Konkani)". 26 December 2014. Archived from the original on 20 January 2017. Retrieved 6 November 2016 – via IMDb.
- "Mangaluru: Muhurtam held for Frank Fernandes' new Konkani movie". www.daijiworld.com. Archived from the original on 4 November 2015. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "'Noshibacho Khell' could become trendsetter in Konkani filmdom". www.daijiworld.com. Archived from the original on 26 November 2015. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- nt (31 October 2016). "Konkani film 'K Sera Sera ' to premier at 47th IFFI". navhindtimes.in. Archived from the original on 9 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Ramesh Kamath's 'Aa Vai Jaa Saa' making waves both in India and abroad - Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 19 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Mangaluru: Audio album of 'Planning...Devachem' movie released". www.daijiworld.com. Archived from the original on 10 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Mangaluru: Janet Productions launches new Konkani movie 'Sophiya'". www.daijiworld.com. Archived from the original on 10 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "'Juze' ('Juje'): Film Review - Hong Kong 2017". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 10 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- nt (20 November 2015). "Konkani film 'Juje' selected at NFDC Film Bazaar". navhindtimes.in. Archived from the original on 9 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- nt (15 March 2017). "Miransha's 'Juze' to premier at Hong Kong International Film Festival". navhindtimes.in. Archived from the original on 9 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "From Goa to Hong Kong: Hitting the big screen". oHeraldo. Archived from the original on 9 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- Gadal, Nikita (27 December 2017). "In Conversation with Miransha Naik I Juze I Konkani Movie". themoviean.com. Archived from the original on 1 January 2019. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Jackie Shroff to be seen in a Konkani film now". The Indian Express. 27 August 2016. Archived from the original on 28 December 2018. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "A Mumbaikar's perspective of Goa on reel". Archived from the original on 28 December 2018. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "Martin". Archived from the original on 13 February 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2019 – via www.imdb.com.
- "Connection – a film for the Konkani thriller buffs". 14 November 2017. Archived from the original on 6 March 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Mangaluru: Konkani film 'Anthu' awaits release". www.daijiworld.com. Archived from the original on 9 September 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Konkani comedy film 'O La La' to premiere on May 27". The Navhind Times. 22 May 2018. Archived from the original on 25 May 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Mangaluru: Director Harry Fernandes brings Bollywood touch to Konkani films". Daijiworld. Archived from the original on 6 January 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Winning accolades before the big screen release". oHeraldo. Archived from the original on 21 February 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "The amicable in Amizade". 14 March 2017. Archived from the original on 24 April 2017. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "#GOA365 VIDEO: Konkani film Amizade out on 7th Dec". Goa365. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- Konknni Cholchitram, Isidore Dantas, 2010
- 50 Years of Konkani Cinema, Andrew Greno Viegas, 2000