Software Technology Parks of India
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
|File:Software Technology Parks of India logo.jpg|
|Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) is a science and technology organisation  established in 1991 by the Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology with the objective of encouraging, promoting and boosting the export of software from India.
STPI provides infrastructure, skilling, mentoring, market connect and supports startups.
Export by STPI registered units
The growth of STPI - Noida unit exporting IT/ITeS is 52,795 crores in FY 2019-20 which made Noida as the major IT hub of North India. STPI Noida registered unit's export have grown over 21 times from Rs. 2,450 crores in FY 1999-00.
STPI registered unit's exports stand to Rs 4,21,103 crore in 2019-20 from Rs 52 crores in 1992-93.
STPI Centres of Excellence (CoEs)
Domain centric centre of excellence is established in association with blue-chip companies and academic institutions. A Blockchain CoE is set-up in STPI incubation centre in Gurugram in year 2020.
- IoT OpenLab at Bengaluru
- Electropreneur Park at Bhubaneswar
- VARCoE at Bhubaneswar
- FabLab at Bhubaneswar
- National Data Repository at Bhubaneswar
- FinBlue at Chennai
- NEURON at Mohali
- MOTION at Pune
- IMAGE at Hyderabad
- Apiary at Gurugram
- MedTech CoE at Lucknow
- IoT in Agriculture CoE at Guwahati
- Animation CoE at Shillong
- Emerging Technologies – AR/VR CoE at Imphal
STPI has established a joint venture to set up an 'Electropreneur Park' with the India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA).This is aimed at supporting 50 startups working on electronics product designing and development over the next five years. The initiative is a subset of the government's 'Make in India' mission, aligned with entrepreneurial and innovation focus. Currently, there are 2 Electropreneur parks in New Delhi & Bhubaneswar.
Next Generation Incubation Scheme (NGIS)
Next Generation Incubation Scheme (NGIS) is one of the flagship incubation scheme by STPI To build innovative technology products and solutions in an indigenous manner by offering comprehensive support & services to budding start-up ecosystem in India.
STPI - India BPO Promotion Scheme
STPI envisaged under Digital India program launched the India BPO Promotion Scheme (IBPS). this scheme seek to incentivize establishment of 48,300 seats in respect of BPO/ITES operations across India. STPI is the nodal agency of this scheme under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. Director General STPI Omkar Rai has announced to launch 48,000 such seats across the country, with a target employment of 72,450 in the sector. The government provides financial support of up to Rs 1 lakh per seat under two plans—India BPO Promotion Scheme and North East BPO Promotion Scheme. The Scheme is distributed among each State in proportion of State's population with an outlay of Rs. 493 Crore. 39,390 employment reported as of April 2021 under the India BPO Promotion Scheme (IBPS).
Organisation and administration
With nine jurisdictional directorates and 60 centres headed by Director general, STPI has its presence in pan-India to support IT/ITeS Industry.
STPI maintains internal engineering resources to provide consulting, training and implementation services. Services cover network design, system integration, installation, operations and maintenance of application networks and facilities in varied areas. The process development of STPI is in accordance to the Quality Management System, and adheres to ISO 9001 certification. The STP Scheme provides various benefits to the registered units, including 100% foreign equity, tax incentives, duty-free import, duty-free indigenous procurement, CST reimbursement, DTA entitlement, and deemed exporting.
STP units exported software and information technology worth Rs. 215264 crore in FY 2010-11. The state with the largest export contribution was Karnataka followed by Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Haryana and Telangana. STPI has a presence in many major cities of India including the cities of Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Kanpur, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Warangal, Gandhinagar, Kakinada, Lucknow, Pune, Surat, Tirupati, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam.
Besides regulating the STP scheme, STPI centers provide a variety of services including high-speed data communication, incubation facilities, consultancy, network monitoring, data centers and data hosting. STPI provides physical hosting for the National Internet Exchange of India.
The tax benefits under the Income Tax Act Section 10A applicable to STP units has expired since March 2011. While the Government has chosen not to extend the Sec 10A benefits against the demand by the IT units, most of the STP registered SME units will be affected, and now will have to pay income tax on profits earned from exports.
A new incentive scheme for IT and ITES companies is under discussion. It will help dispersal of IT industry in smaller cities and also support STPI-registered units which have not come under SEZs as well as other units which are not covered under any incentive scheme. This incentive scheme is seen as an alternate scheme to compensate the STPI units, but the same would be restricted to those units located in tier II and III cities.
Exports Awards by STPI
Exports by STPI registered IT/ITeS units
The overall exports done by STPI registered IT/ITeS units increased from 2,73,313 crore in 2013-14 to 2,93,797 crore in 2014-15, an increase of 7.49%. The bifurcation of 2014-15 exports is as follows:
- Exports from units availing servicesunder STP scheme (under FTDR Act, 1992) is Rs 2,84,384.10 crore.
- Exports from units availing only Softex attestation services is Rs 9,412.40 crore.
|Exports from STPI Registered Units In The Past 10 Years (Rs. In Crores)|
|Name of the State||2010-11||2011-12||2012-13||2013-14||2014-15||2015-16||2016-17||2017-18||2018-19||2019-20|
|Jammu & Kashmir||0.80||0.76||1.41||2.18||2.45||3.35||3.58||3.92||5.30||6.24|
All figures in crores of INR
Exports by EHTP units
The exports made by EHTP units decreased by 26.35% from 27091.54 crore in 2013-14 to 19951.81 crore in 2014-15.
- Singh, Bikash. "Software Technology Parks of India to create around 15,000 direct jobs". The Economic Times. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Agencies, BS Web Team & (6 June 2020). "'STPI efforts paid off': IT exports zoom to Rs 4.21 trn in 2019-20". Business Standard India. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Exports clocked by STPI units in H1 FY21 estimated at Rs 2.49 lakh crore: DG". The Economic Times. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Exports clocked by STPI units in H1 FY21 estimated at Rs 2.49 lakh crore: DG". The Financial Express. 1 November 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "STP-registered units' exports hit Rs 4.21 lakh crore in 2019-20". The Economic Times. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Network, Knn India-Knowledge & News. "IT/ITeS exports from Noida grow over 21 times, cross 52000 Cr: STPI". knnindia.co.in. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Software Technology Parks of India-registered IT firms log Rs 4.21 lakh cr of exports in FY20". Zee Business. 7 June 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "STPI sets up IoT open lab in Bengaluru". www.outlookindia.com/. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "OctaNE- A CoE in IoT in Agriculture at Guwahati, Animation at Shillong and Emerging Tech-AR/VR at Imphal under phase-1: "Apply Now" to become a successful start-up in this domain". MyGov.in. 20 July 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Jan 19, Hemanta Pradhan / TNN /; 2018; Ist, 20:57. "IIT Bhubaneswar: Centre of Excellence for Virtual and Augmented Reality to be set up at IIT Bhubaneswar | Bhubaneswar News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 January 2021.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Startup boosters: FinBlue to mentor fintech startups". The Financial Express. 26 August 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Service, Tribune News. "STPI launches second edition of Neuron's Open Challenge Programme". Tribuneindia News Service. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Software Technology Parks of India sets up CoE for automotive technologies in Pune". The Economic Times. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- TelanganaToday. "STPI opens India's first gaming, VFX CoE in Hyderabad". Telangana Today. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- www.ETGovernment.com. "STPI launches Apiary, centre of excellence in Blockchain at its incubation centre in Gurugram - ET Government". ETGovernment.com. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Health-care: STPI and PGI to jointly set up centre of excellence in Lucknow". Hindustan Times. 29 November 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "A CoE in IoT in Agriculture at Guwahati, Animation at Shillong and Emerging Tech-AR/VR Launched - Express Computer". IoTOnliner.com. 22 July 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- www.ETGovernment.com. "STPIOctaNE launched to transform digital profile of North-East - ET Government". ETGovernment.com. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Fablab Bhubaneswar". fablab.stpi.in. Retrieved 11 May 2021.
- IANS (4 August 2018). "Secondary Data Centre of NDR inaugurated in Odisha". Business Standard India. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- Behera, Nirmalya (10 January 2019). "Country's second 'electropreneur' park to come up in Bhubaneswar". Business Standard India. Retrieved 8 May 2021.
- "Electropreneur Park inaugurated in Bhubaneswar". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 8 May 2021.
- "BPO, IT sectors generate 10k jobs despite lockdown woes". The Times of India. 24 November 2020.
- "Software Technology Parks of India -About Software Technology Parks of India". www.stpi.in. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- "STPI Annual Report 2014- 2015" (PDF). Ministry of Electronics and Information and Technology. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 March 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Shri Narendra Modi dedicates development projects in Surat. YouTube (2014-02-14). Retrieved on 2014-06-20.
- Ramanathan, Arundhati (24 September 2013). "Firms move out of software parks after govt ends tax incentives". mint. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Infosys and Infosys BPO win IT export awards". 20 April 2021. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- "STPI Pune clocks export of Rs 18,000 crore during lockdown". The Financial Express. 11 June 2020. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Software worth ₹36k crore exported during lockdown". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 10 June 2020. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 11 February 2021.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Baruah, Ayushman (9 June 2020). "Karnataka's STPI units exported ₹36,459 crore during covid-19 lockdown". mint. Retrieved 11 February 2021.