This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Tamojit Dasgupta|
|Born||9 November 1995|
|Genres||Indian classical music, Bollywood, pop music|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Music Director, Lyricist|
|Years active||2013 - present|
|Labels||SoS, SM Music, SnS Music|
|Associated acts||Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Jeet Gannguli|
Tamojit Dasgupta (Bengali : তমোজিৎ দাশগুপ্ত) is an Indian Playback singer and Music director from West Bengal, Kolkata. He was the Runners Up of Bengali reality show Colors Bangla Great Music Gurukul 2015. He was trained under the guidance of eminent music director Jeet Gannguli. Tamojit was also a participant of Zee Bangla Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2014 and even participated in the juniors edition in 2007.
Dasgupta started his musical career being participant in DD Bangla Eto Sur Ar Eto Gaan in 2007. He quit the show midway to take part in Zee Bangla Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little champs 2007. He ranked 8th in that season. His major break as a child artist came in 2008, when he participated in a Mumbai based international reality show 9X (TV channel) Chak De Bachche, where he represented Roshni Chopra's Metro Rockers, a team consisting of kids from Indian metro cities. Tamojit ranked 6th in all over India. In 2014, he participated in Zee Bangla Sa Re Ga Ma Pa seniors edition. In 2015, he participated in another reality show Colors Bangla Great Music Gurukul as a celebrity artist and became the runners up of the show. He was a team member of Jeet Gannguli in the event. His recent hit songs include Naiya re naiya re, Trophy Jeetega India, Ashbe Shudin. The song Ashbe Shudin, tuned and composed by Tamojit himself, sung by eight other participants of his season, has been praised by many celebrities on social media, for bearing a good message to the society during the Global COVID-19 pandemic 2020. Tamojit is a regular face in several Bengali entertainment channels.
Dasgupta composed and scripted the lyrics for the following originals.
- Ashbe Shudin (NINE)
- Trophy Jeetega India (Tamojit & Kamolika)
- Naiya Re Naiya Re (Tamojit & Kamolika)
- Kaho Na Kaho (Zee Bangla Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2014)
- Badan Pe Sitare
- Itti Si Hasi
- Ami Tomari Naam Gai
- Aao Na Gale Lagaao Na (Music producer & Rearrangement)
Awards and nominations
- Participant of Zee Bangla Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2007.
- Semifinalist of 9X (TV channel) Chak De Bachche 2008.
- Participant of Zee Bangla Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2014.
- Runners up of Colors Bangla Great Music Gurukul 2015.
- "আসবে সুদিন সারেগামাপা-র নজরকাড়া ৯জন". 20 May 2020. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- "Great Music Gurukul: On the sets". Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "Satkahon Review – আসবে সুদিন". সারেগামাপা-র নজরকাড়া ৯জন. 20 May 2020. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- "Tamojit Dasgupta". Retrieved 3 October 2008.
- "Tamojit Dasgupta & Rishika Sawant". Retrieved 3 October 2008.
- "Bangladeshi musician Arnob perform in Great Music Gurukul". Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "করোনায় সারেগামাপা খ্যাত ৯ জন সংগীত শিল্পীর কণ্ঠে গাওয়া "আসবে সুদিন"". newssobsomoy24.com. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- "Tamojeet to croon Mahendra Kapoor songs in Good Morning Aakash". Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Ashbe Shudin". Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- "Ashbe Shudin". Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- "Ashbe Shudin". Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- ""আমরা করবো জয়,আসবে সুদিন" করোনার বিরুদ্ধে লড়াইয়ে গ্রুপ NINE এর গান ঝড় তুলেছে সোশ্যাল মিডিয়ায় - Somachar". somachar.in. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- Chak De Bachche
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (August 2020)
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Bharatpedia by expanding it.|