The Rajya Sabha (meaning the "Council of States") is the upper house of the Parliament of India. Karnataka elects 12 seats and they are indirectly elected by the state legislators of Karnataka. The number of seats allocated to the party are determined by the number of seats a party possesses during nomination, and the party nominates a member to be voted on. Elections within the state legislatures are held using Single transferable vote with proportional representation.
|No||Name||Party affiliation||Date of
|Date of |
|1||K. Narayan||Bharatiya Janata Party||24-Nov-2020||25-Jun-2026|
|2||Eranna Kadadi||Bharatiya Janata Party||26-Jun-2020||25-Jun-2026|
|3||Rajeev Chandrasekhar||Bharatiya Janata Party||03-Apr-2018||02-Apr-2024|
|4||Nirmala Sitharaman||Bharatiya Janata Party||01-Jul-2016||30-Jun-2022|
|5||K. C. Ramamurthy||Bharatiya Janata Party||05-Dec-2019||30-Jun-2022|
|6||Vacant||Bharatiya Janata Party||TBD||30-Jun-2022|
|7||Mallikarjun Kharge||Indian National Congress||26-Jun-2020||25-Jun-2026|
|8||L. Hanumanthaiah||Indian National Congress||03-Apr-2018||02-Apr-2024|
|9||G. C. Chandrasekhar||Indian National Congress||03-Apr-2018||02-Apr-2024|
|10||Syed Naseer Hussain||Indian National Congress||03-Apr-2018||02-Apr-2024|
|11||Jairam Ramesh||Indian National Congress||01-Jul-2016||30-Jun-2022|
|12||H. D. Deve Gowda||Janata Dal (Secular)||26-Jun-2020||25-Jun-2026|
Alphabetical List of all Members from Karnataka since 1952
Indian government (Rajya Sabha) website:
- "Composition of Rajya Sabha - Rajya Sabha At Work" (PDF). rajyasabha.nic.in. Rajya Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Statewise List". 220.127.116.11. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Alphabetical List Of All Members Of Rajya Sabha Since 1952". 18.104.22.168. Archived from the original on 22 December 2007.
- "Jethmalani, Kesri's RS term ends on April 2, 2000". rediff.com. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Ex-Congress Rajya Sabha MP KC Ramamurthy joins BJP". Hindustan Times. 22 October 2019. Retrieved 5 December 2019.