Kumar Suvarna Chandrak
|Kumar Suvarna Chandrak|
|Civilian award for contributions to literature|
|Sponsored by||Kumar Trust, Ahmedabad and Hiraben Foundation, Mumbai|
|Formerly called||Kumar Chandrak (till 1983)|
|First winner||Hariprasad Desai|
|Last winner||Harshad Trivedi|
Kumar Suvarana Chandrak or the Kumar Gold Medal is a literary award given by Kumar Trust, Ahmedabad, India since 1944. The medal is annually conferred to a Gujarati author for his contribution in Kumar magazine published by Kumar Trust. In 1950, Chandravadan Mehta refused to accept Kumar Chandrak.
The medal was established in 1944, by Yashwant Pandya, an author contributing to Kumar. Initially, Gujarati authors Balwantray Thakore, Vishnuprasad Trivedi and Sundaram had served in a committee for the selection of awardee. Subsequently Ramnarayan V. Pathak and Anantrai Raval served on the committee. From 1983 to 2002, there is no expressed declaration of this medal, but from 2003 it has been started again. It was renamed from Kumar Chandrak (Kumar Medal) to Kumar Suvarna Chandrak (Kumar Gold Medal) in 2003.
|1956||Chandravadan A. Buch|
|1978||Ashvin R. Desai|
|1983||Chandrashankar Bhatt 'Shashishivam'|
|2010||Rajesh Vyas 'Miskin'|
- Trivedi, Dr. Ramesh M. (2015). Arvachin Gujarati Sahityano Itihas (History of Modern Gujarati Literature). Ahmedabad: Adarsh Prakashan. p. 414. ISBN 978-93-82593-88-1.
- "Kumar Suvarna Chandrak". Gujarati Sahitya Kosh (Encyclopedia of Gujarati Literature). 3. Ahmedabad: Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. 1996. p. 104.
- Pandya, Rajnikumar (September 14, 2015). "એકાણુ વર્ષના જુવાન 'કુમાર'ને અમરત્વનું વરદાન આપો- ૨" [91 years old Kumar deserves immortality]. WebGurjari (in ગુજરાતી). Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Eminent Artistes Receive Eviction Notices to Vacate Government Housing in Delhi". The Wire. 18 November 2020. Retrieved 26 July 2021.
- Palan, Narottam (December 2017). હર્ષદ ત્રિવેદીને 'કુમાર' ચંદ્રક [Kumar Chandrak To Harshad Trivedi]. Parab (in ગુજરાતી). Ahmedabad: Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. pp. 48–50. Archived from the original on 2021-01-16. Retrieved 2021-10-13.