This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shri Janardhana Swamy
|Member of the Indian Parliament|
17 May 2009 – 16 May 2014
|Preceded by||N. Y. Hanumanthappa|
|Succeeded by||B N Chandrappa|
|Born||4 June 1968|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Alma mater||U.B.D.T. College of Engineering, Davangere and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
|Profession||Electrical and communication engineer|
Janardhana Swamy was a Member of parliament, Lok Sabha, India.
Early life and education
Janardhana Swamy is the only son for his father Venkatappa and mother Chinnadevi. His father Venkatappa was a primary school teacher in Karnataka, India. Janardhana Swamy studied in the Kannada medium until his 10th class.
He holds a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Instrumentation Technology) from U.B.D.T. College of Engineering, Davangere, under University of Mysore and a Master's degree in Engineering (Electrical Communication) from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
Swamy worked in various engineering and management positions at Cisco, Dell, Sasken, Cadence Design Systems, and Sun Microsystems. His research articles appeared in IEEE, IETE, and other publications, and he obtained a US patent for testing embedded cores in multi-core integrated circuit designs].[better source needed]
He contested and won the 2009 Lok Sabha election from Chitradurga, Karnataka. As a Member of Parliament Swamy, along with Davangere MP GM Siddeshwara and Tumkur MP GS Basavaraju, were instrumental in sanctioning the direct Railway connection between Chitradurga and the state's capital Bangalore.
He lost the Lok Sabha election from Chitragurga in 2014.
He designed and illustrated cover pages for several books and publications. While he was in United States, he worked as the Chief Editor & Vice-President of California's Kannada community organisation KKNC.
In 15th Lok Sabha:
- Member of Committee on External Affairs
- Member of Council of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), which is headed by the President of India
- Member of Committee on Agriculture, Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Member of Technology Committee at Lok Sabha
He is presently holding the following positions:
- Member of Karnataka State Innovation Council
- Member of Indian Institute of Cartoonists
- "US6686759.pdf" (PDF). docs.google.com. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Chitradurga-Bangalore railway link project gets the nod, The Hindu
- Meeting with the Railway Minister Archived 16 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine, OneIndia
- Davangere-Tumkur rail link The Hindu
- Kadkol, Pradeepkumar (28 May 2014). "LS polls: how BJP lost out in Chitradurga constituency". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Archived 6 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- http://expressbuzz.com/Cities/Bangalore/mp-displays-cartooning-skills/134145.html[permanent dead link] MP displays cartooning skills
- http://www.cartoonistsindia.com/htm/contacts1.htm, Indian Institute of Cartoonists