T. Kalpana Devi
T. Kalpana Devi
|Member of the 8th Lok Sabha for Warangal|
|Preceded by||Kamaluddin Ahmed|
|Succeeded by||Surendra Reddy|
|Born||13 July 1941|
Bhatlapenumarru, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Died||29 May 2016 (aged 74)|
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Political party||Telugu Desam Party|
Kalpana Devi was a medical practitioner at the private nursing home in Hanamkonda before joining the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). During the 1984 Indian general election for the 8th Lok Sabha, she contested from Warangal and defeated her nearest rival Kamaluddin Ahmed of the Indian National Congress by a margin of 8,456 votes. In the next general election however, she lost to INC's Rama Sahayam Surender Reddy.
Later, Devi left TDP for INC and contested the general elections held successively in 1998 and 1999. She secured 38.25% and 44.74% votes in these elections and lost to TDP's candidates Azmeera Chandulal and Bodakunti Venkateshwarlu respectively.
- "Members Bioprofile: Kalpana Devi, Dr. (Smt.) T." Lok Sabha. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Statistical Report on the General Elections, 1984 to the Eighth Lok Sabha" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 43. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Warangal Partywise Comparison". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- Charya, KVVV (11 February 1998). "Warangal set to witness a triangular contest". The Indian Express. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Ex-MP Kalpana Devi passes away". United News of India. 29 May 2016. Retrieved 27 November 2017.