Status: Married with Gaurav Verma on 8 february 2021 Shamata Anchan is an Indian television actress and a model.
She is the winner of Pantaloons Femina Miss India South 2012 pageant. She was also one of the finalists of Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2012. She has done many advertisements for famous brands and has done modelling and print campaigns for many fashion designers, and cosmetics brands like Santoor. She was also a part of Chal Kar Pehel, an initiative launched by Star Plus.
Shamata Anchan debuted on television with the show Everest, produced by filmmaker Ashutosh Gowarikar. She played the role of Anjali Singh Rawat, the main lead in the show along with Rohan Gandotra and Sahil Salathia. The show aired on Star Plus channel. She was also the female lead of the serial Bin Kuch Kahe, which aired on Zee Tv.
Shamata has done an extended cameo in the Hollywood movie, Heartbeats. Shamata is making her Bollywood debut with upcoming movie The Field in 2019 alongside Abhay Deol. She debuted as a sub-inspector of Mumbai police alongside Rajinikanth starrer Darbar in 2020.
- 2020 Darbar as Police Officer
- Oct 3, Stanley Pinto; 2012. "Meet the Adinivasis of Tulunadu". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 September 2019.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Shamata Anchan: Only top Bollywood actresses get powerpacked roles". Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Actress Shamata Anchan enters Bin Kuch Kahe". Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Bollywood actor Shamata Anchan in Rajinikanth's 'Darbar'". The Hindu. 22 October 2019. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- "Shamata 'elated' to work with Rajini". The Hans India. Mumbai. 1 November 2019. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- "Darbar: Shamata Anchan to unite with Superstar Rajinikanth". Mid-Day. Mumbai. 20 November 2019. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- Debjeet, Dey (28 December 2019). "Shamata Anchan of Everest fame makes Kollywood debut in Darbar". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 30 May 2020.