Sanjay Chaudhary (writer)
|Occupation||Writer, professor, and computer scientist|
|Parent(s)||Raghuveer Chaudhary (father)|
Parubahen Chaudhary (mother)
|Thesis||Crop Production Information System: Analysis, Design and Information Presentation (2004)|
|Doctoral advisor||Bharatbhai Buddhadev|
|Sub-discipline||Cloud computing, Distributed computing, Big data analytics, Blockchain technology, ICT applications in agriculture|
Sanjay Raghuveer Chaudhary (born 25 April 1963) is an Indian writer, professor, and computer scientist from Gujarat, India. He is a professor of computer science at Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad. He has authored several books in Gujarati and English. His literary work Girnar (2009) received Gujarat Sahitya Akademi's Best Book Prize in Essays and Travelogue category. He has published and edited several books on computer science. He is a senior member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
After completing his schooling from Sheth Chimanlal Nagindas Vidyalaya in 1980, Chaudhary joined St. Xavier's College, Ahmedabad from where he received his BA in Economics in 1983. He received his MA in Economics in 1985 and post-graduate diploma in Computer Science and Applications in 1986 from Gujarat University. He received M.Phil and Ph.D. in Computer Science from Gujarat Vidyapith in 1996 and 2004 respectively. He submitted his doctoral dissertation, Crop Production Information System: Analysis, Design and Information Presentation, under Bharatbhai Buddhadev.
He married Sunita in 1988.
Chaudhary joined Gujarat University's Department of Computer Science in 1987 and continued there till 2001. From 2001 to 2013, he worked at Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar as a professor and as a dean of Academic Programs. Sanjay was one of the founding faculty members of DA-IICT. In 2013, he joined Ahmedabad University as a professor, and worked there as Associate Dean of School of Engineering and Applied Science (2016–2019). As of 2020, he is the interim dean of School of Engineering and Applied Science
Chaudhary published his book Girnar in 2009, which is a travelogue and collection of articles on mount Girnar, located at Junagadh. The book provides historical, geographical, cultural and archaeological details on Girnar. It presents the history of Junagadh, its flora and fauna, and folk-literature. Chaudhary is also a short story writer; his short stories have appeared in several prestigious Gujarati magazines including Shabdasrishti, Kumar, and Parab.
Chaudhary has investigated, demonstrated, and advocated the use of Geo-spatial analytics for developing multidisciplinary applications, helping in planning, managing and utilizing natural resources efficiently using spatial analysis. Along with his research fellows, he worked on common standards for data integration and effective analytical infrastructure and integrated standards defined by Open Geospatial Consortium for big data processing of spatial data. He proposed open source framework to integrate various types of data, perform geo-spatial analytics, and generate recommendations for the users involved in Agriculture.
Chaudhary won Gujarat Sahitya Akademi's Best Book prize for his book Girnar in Essays and Travelogue category for the year 2009. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) awarded him Senior Membership in 2010.
- Chaudhary, Sanjay; Somani, Gaurav; Buyya, Rajkumar, eds. (2017). Research Advances in Cloud Computing. Springer. ISBN 978-981-10-5025-1.
- Madria, Sanjay; Fournier-Viger, Philippe; Chaudhary, Sanjay; Reddy, P. Krishna, eds. (2019). Big Data Analytics: 7th International Conference, BDA 2019, Ahmedabad, India, December 17–20, 2019, Proceedings. Springer. ISBN 978-3-030-37188-3.
- Gujarati books
- Soni, R. P.; Chaudhary, Sanjay (1992). સુનિયોજિત કોબૉલ [Structured COBOL] (in ગુજરાતી). New Delhi: Tata-McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 9780074624296.
- Soni, R. P.; Chaudhary, Sanjay; Patel, H. M. (1995). અંગત કોમ્પ્યુટર અને D.O.S. પેકેજીસ [Personal Computer and DOS Packages] (in ગુજરાતી). New Delhi: Tata-McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 9780074624456.
- Soni, R. P.; Chaudhary, Sanjay (1999). માહિતી ટેકનોલોજી વિકાસ અને વિનિયોગ [Information Technology: Development and Applications] (in ગુજરાતી). Ahmedabad: Nirav Prakashan.
- Chaudhary, Sanjay (2019). Upervas Vishe ઉપરવાસ વિશે [About Uparvas, a Trilogy by Raghuveer Chaudhary] (in ગુજરાતી). Ahmedabad: Rangdwar Prakashan. ISBN 9788193734889.
- Sharma, Radheshyam (2016). Saksharno Sakshatkar (Question-based Interviews with biographical literary sketches). Vol. 23. Ahmedabad: Rannade Prakashan. pp. 361–368. ISBN 978-93-5200-310-5.
- Shukla, Kirit (2013). Gujarati Sahityakar Kosh ગુજરાતી સાહિત્યકાર કોશ [Who's Who in Gujarati Literature]. Gandhinagar: Gujarat Sahitya Academy. p. 437. ISBN 9789383317028.
- Gujarat Sahitya Academy, Shrestha Pustak Paritoshik (Varsh 2008, 2009) ગુજરાત સાહિત્ય અકાદમી, શ્રેષ્ઠ પુસ્તક પારિતોષિક (વર્ષ 2008, 2009) [Gujarat Sahitya Academy, Best Book Prize (Year 2008, 2009)]. Gandhinagar: Gujarat Sahitya Academy. 2010. pp. 15–16.
- "Faculty". Ahmedabad University. Archived from the original on 22 March 2020. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Vyas, Gunvant (March 2011). Trivedi, Harshad (ed.). 'ગિરનાર' : આધારભૂત અભ્યાસગ્રંથ ['Girnar' : An Authentic Research Work]. Shabdasrishti. Gandhinagar: Gujarat Sahitya Academy. pp. 88–92. ISSN 2319-3220.
- Rane, Bharati (June 2010). Joshi, Yogesh (ed.). "Saghan Abhyas No Prasad : 'Girnar'" સઘન અભ્યાસનો પ્રસાદ : 'ગિરનાર' [The Result of Painstaking Study : 'Girnar']. Parab. Ahmedabad: Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. pp. 17–19. ISSN 2319-3220.
- Pandya, Munikumar, ed. (2015). Gujarātī Navalikācayana 2014 ગુજરાતી નવલિકાચયન 2014 [Selected Short Stories of 2014]. Ahmedabad: Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. OCLC 927162687.
- Chaudhary, Sanjay (2018). "Big Data Analytics Framework for Spatial Data". Big Data Analytics. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 11297. Springer. pp. 250–265. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-04780-1_17. ISBN 978-3-030-04779-5.
- Shah, Purnima (2017). "Towards development of spark based agricultural information system including geo-spatial data". 2017 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data). IEEE. pp. 3476–3481. doi:10.1109/BigData.2017.8258336. ISBN 978-1-5386-2715-0. S2CID 19889769.
- Shah, Purnima. "Big Data Analytics Architecture for Agro Advisory System". 2016 IEEE 23rd International Conference on High Performance Computing Workshops (HiPCW). IEEE. Archived from the original on 22 March 2020. Retrieved 18 April 2020.