|Born||30 September 1940|
|Died||16 July 2019 (aged 78)|
|Political party||Republican Party of India |
Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh
|Residence||Kannamwar Nagar 1, Vikhroli (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra|
Rajaram Piraji Dhale (30 September 1940 – 16 July 2019), commonly referred to as Raja Dhale, was an Indian writer, artist and activist for Dalit rights. In April 1972, he, along with Namdeo Dhasal and J. V. Pawar, founded the Dalit Panthers, an organization dedicated to fighting for the rights of the Dalit community. Dhale was a veteran Ambedkarite and Buddhist.
Dhale was a member of the Republican Party of India and led the Raja Dhale faction, after a split in the party. Dhale was a candidate in the 1999 parliament election from the Mumbai North Central constituency on Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangha party ticket, and 2004 parliament elections from Mumbai North East constituency, again on Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangha ticket.
- Dalit Pantherchi Sansthapana: Vastusthiti Ani Viparyas
- Arun Kolhatkarchi Gacchi: Ek Nirupan
- "Raja Dhale, co-founder of Dalit Panther, dies aged 78". The Hindu. 16 July 2019. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Rao, Anupama (13 October 2009). The Caste Question: Dalits and the Politics of Modern India. University of California Press. p. 118. ISBN 9780520257610.
- Rajawat, Mamta (2004). Encyclopaedia of Dalits in India. Anmol Publications. p. 326. ISBN 81-261-2084-3.
- "वाकविण्यात वाकबगार राजा ढाले!". 21 July 2019.
- Deshpande, Alok (17 July 2019). "Raja Dhale, a Panther no more" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Dalit Panther's Co-founder Raja Dhale Dies at 78, Union Minister Ramdas Athawale Expresses Grief". News18.
- "Raja Dhale (1940-2019): 'A real fighter… there can't be another Ambedkarite like him'". 17 July 2019.
- "Dalit Panther: दलित पैंथर के सह-संस्थापक राजा ढाले का निधन - dalit panther co founder raja dhale passed away". Navbharat Times. 16 July 2019.
- RPI leader Ambedkar unseated Indian Express, 8 January 1998 .
- Ambedkar firm on Nanded meet, split in RPI imminent Indian Express, 28 October 1998.
- IBN Politics CNN-IBN.