Madan in 2019
|Born||1 May 1995|
Radhika Madan (born 1 May 1995) is an Indian actress who predominantly works in Hindi films. She progressed into television in 2014 with the romantic drama Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi as Ishaani Parikh. In 2015, she participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
Hailing from Delhi, Madan started her career by acting in the daily soap opera Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi that aired for one and a half year on Colors TV. She also participated in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 8).
After trying her stint on television, Madan made her feature film debut with Vishal Bhardwaj's comedy drama Pataakha, alongside Sanya Malhotra. Based on the short story Do Behnen by Charan Singh Pathik, which revolved around two sisters in Rajasthan who are always on conflict. The story was based on the wives of Pathik's brothers. Both Madan and Malhotra met the real women for the dialect and the character's nuances. For the preparation, both Malhotra and Madan stayed in Ronsi village near Jaipur and learned the Rajasthani dialect; they also got accustomed with milking buffaloes, thatching roofs, plastering the walls with dung and walking for long distances while balancing matkas full of water on their head and one around their waist. They also had to put on 10 kg (22 lb) of weight. Raja Sen wrote in his review, "Radhika Madan positively shines in this bossy role, unwavering in dialect and determination."
Madan then appeared in Vasan Bala's action comedy Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota. It premiered in the Midnight Madness section of the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the People's Choice Award: Midnight Madness. The film was also screened at the 2018 MAMI Film Festival. Madan mentioned that she was auditioning for Laila Majnu (2018) when got to know about Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota and chose the latter film because of its "uniqueness". She performed all the stunts herself and watched several classic action films for days to famliarise herself with the genre. She was also injured while the physical training. Pradeep Menon of Firstpost called her a "delight as Supri" and noted that Madan "manages to make it work by sheer will and talent" despite the character having an "inconsistent treatment". He further said that she "sparkles in the action sequences."
In 2020, Madan Played the Lead in Homi Adajania's comedy drama Angrezi Medium alongside Irrfan Khan and Kareena Kapoor. It was a spiritual sequel to the 2017 film Hindi Medium. Anupama Chopra called her an "absolute natural" in the role. Writing that she "captures the unforced innocence of a 17-year-old, desperate to get out of her small town and see the world."Radhika Madan will soon be seen in the film Shiddat.
|2018||Pataakha||Champa Kumari||Debut Film|
|2019||Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota||Supriya|
|2020||Angrezi Medium||Tarika Bansal|
|2021||Feels Like Ishq||Avani||Netflix|
|2014–2016||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Ishaani Parikh/Ishaani Ranveer Vaghela|
|2015||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8||Participant|
|2015||Zee Gold Awards||Best Debut Actress||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Won|||
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Newcomer (Female)|||
|Indian Telly Awards||Fresh New Face (Female)|||
|Best Jodi on TV||Nominated|||
|2018||Star Screen Awards||Most Promising Newcomer (Female)||Pataakha||Won|||
|2019||Zee Cine Awards||Best Debut Female||Nominated|
|64th Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut|||
|Best Actress (Critics)|
|2020||65th Filmfare Awards||Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota|||
- "Happy Birthday Radhika Madan: 6 pictures of the gorgeous Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi actress you cannot miss". India Today. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Radhika Madan: I wasn't keen on doing the same thing again on TV - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi' wraps up shoot; fans brace for a dramatic ending". International Business Times. 6 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Why 'Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi' had to wrap up". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Radhika Madan aka Ishani of Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi eliminated". India Today. 13 August 2015. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Jhunjhunwala, Udita (14 September 2018). "Blood is thicker". Mint. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- Iyer, Sanyukta (7 April 2018). "Sanya Malhotra, Radhika Madan in Vishal Bhardwaj's next". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- Countinho, Natasha (23 June 2018). "Vishal Bhardwaj's Pataakha opens on September 28". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- "This is why Sanya Malhotra is gaining weight for Vishal Bhardwaj's film". Hindustan Times. 11 May 2018. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- Sen, Raja (28 September 2018). "Pataakha review: The new Vishal Bhardwaj film is colourful, noisy and dazzling". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- "Vasan Bala's 'Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota' to premiere at TIFF". Business Standard. 10 August 2018. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- Singh, Suhani (17 September 2018). "Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota wins audience award at TIFF". India Today. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- "A full house: 'Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota' gets standing ovation at MAMI Mumbai Film Festival". The Economic Times. 27 October 2018. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- "Radhika Madan reveals why she chose Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota over Laila Majnu". Times Now. 27 October 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Menon, Pradeep (17 October 2018). "Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota movie review: A cocktail of gorgeous action sequences, absurd laugh-out-loud moments". Firstpost. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Chopra, Anupama (13 March 2020). "Angrezi Medium Movie Review: Even When The Writing Gets Sloppy And Tedious, The Emotions Feel Authentic". Film Companion. Retrieved 29 November 2020.
- "Radhika Madan Oozes Oomph In A Red Beachwear, See Pics!". Koimoi. 16 April 2021. Retrieved 14 June 2021.
- Sarkar, Prarthna (22 June 2015). "Zee Gold Awards 2015 Highlights, Complete Winners' List: 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' Bags Most Honours; Karan-Divyanka's Romance Steals the Show". International Business Times, India Edition.
- "Indian Television Academy Awards 2015 Winners: Complete list of winners". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Indian Telly Awards 2015 Winners: Complete list of winners". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Nominations for Indian Telly Awards 2015 out; see who all have made the cut". India Today. 20 November 2015.
- "Star Screen Awards 2018 complete winners list: Alia Bhatt wins Best Actress, Rajkummar Rao and Ranveer Singh are Best Actors". Hindustan Times. 17 December 2018.
- "64th Vimal Elaichi Filmfare Awards 2019: Official list of nominations - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Nominations for the 65th Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 are out! - Times of India". The Times of India.