Please select an option below or scan the QR code to donate
transparency: ₹1800 raised out of ₹150,000 (4 supporter)
Esotericism is about secret knowledge for a small group of people. Esotericism also describes mystical, spiritual or occult viewpoints (point of view). Esotericism studies Gnosticism, Yoga, Alchemy, Magic, Spiritualism, Hypnosis, Astrology, Meditation, Mysticism, and Occultism. Many[who?] followers of Abrahamic faiths, particularly Christianity and Islam, have criticized Esotericism as black magic. Esotericism in religion is called "obscurantism".
Esotericism can also be about understanding symbolism and hidden meanings of many different books. They include religious books, philosophy books and books about history. They use these books as their texts.
Esoteric groups[edit | edit source]
- Knights Templar
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ "Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary : esoteric". Archived from the original on 2008-09-07. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- ↑ Chambers 20thC dictionary, 1972
- ↑ Bland, Professor Kalman (1996). Jewish Mysticism (Audiobook)
|url=(help). The Teaching Company.
More reading[edit | edit source]
- Guénon, René (2001) Insights Into Islamic Esoterism and Taoism
- Borella, Jean (2004) Guenonian Esoterism and Christian Mystery
- Bhattacharyya, Benoytosh (1980) An Introduction to Buddhist Esoterism
- Guénon, René (2005) Insights Into Christian Esoterism
- Schuon, Frithjof (2000) Survey Of Metaphysics And Esoterism World Wisdom Books, Incorporated
|This religion-related article is a stub. You can help Bharatpedia by expanding it.|