|Alma mater||Harvard Business School, Purdue University|
|Occupation||Venture partner, Unitus Seed Fund|
Ravi Venkatesan is an Indian business executive and venture capitalist who has been the chairman of Microsoft India, chairman of the board of Bank of Baroda, and co-chairman of the board of Infosys. He is the UNICEF Special Representative for Young People and Innovation. He is also the founder of Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship and a venture partner at Unitus Ventures.
Ravi Venkatesan is currently a venture partner with Unitus Seed Fund. Prior to this role, Venkatesan has held multiple executive positions. He was the chairman of the board at Bank of Baroda, one of India's Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) banks. He held this position from 2015 through 2018. He was also the co-chairman of the board of Infosys, an Indian information technology services company, from 2011 through 2018. Venkatesan was the chairman of Microsoft India from 2004 through 2011. Prior to this, Ravi was the Chairman of Cummins, India, from 1996 through 2004. Venkatesan was also named as one of the advisors to Arkam Ventures' 3.25 billion INR fund to invest in early stage technology startups in India.
Venkatesan is a member of the Government of India's MSME task force, chartered with developing recommendations for small- and medium-size enterprises impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. He is also the founder of Social Ventures Partners India, a network of philanthropists.
- "Ravi Venkatesan, Unitus Seed Fund: Profile and Biography". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Ravi Venkatesan appointed UNICEF'S special representative of young people". The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 2019-10-30. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Ravi Venkatesan – GAME". Archived from the original on 2020-07-07. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- "Team | Unitus Ventures". Unitus Ventures. Archived from the original on 2020-07-09. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- "Ravi Venkatesan". The Rockefeller Foundation. Archived from the original on 2020-07-07.
- "Let public sector banks manage themselves, says BoB chief Ravi Venkatesan". Livemint. July 31, 2018. Archived from the original on August 15, 2018. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- Dalal, Mihir (June 8, 2020). "Arkam Ventures gets ₹325 crore for its fund". Livemint. Archived from the original on July 5, 2020. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- "Strong execution of stimulus package must for reviving MSMEs, says GAME task force; suggests measures". June 29, 2020. Archived from the original on July 5, 2020. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- "Nitin Gadkari announced recommendation report to boost the MSME sector | SME Futures". Archived from the original on 2020-07-05. Retrieved 2020-07-05.
- Nanda, Prashant K. (June 28, 2020). "India cannot become atma nirbhar without fixing MSMEs: Ravi Venkatesan". Livemint. Archived from the original on July 5, 2020. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Venkatesan, Ravi (2013-06-18). Conquering the Chaos: Win in India, Win Everywhere. Harvard Business Review Press. ISBN 978-1-4221-8430-1. Archived from the original on 2020-09-01. Retrieved 2020-09-01.
- "Ravi Venkatesan Blog". Economic Times Blog. Archived from the original on 2020-07-20. Retrieved 2020-04-09.