|Died||25 December 2017(aged 70)|
Partha Mukherjee (Hindi: पार्थ मुखर्जी) (Bengali: পার্থ মুখার্জী) was an Indian film actor who works in Bengali cinema. mainly as supporting actor. He has worked in movies like Dhanyee Meye, Agnishwar, Amar Prithivi, Baag Bandi Khela. He is particularly known for his boy-next-door looks. He works with actors like Sabitri Chatterjee, Ranjit Mallick, Uttam Kumar, Soumitra Chatterjee, Santu Mukhopadhyay and Dipankar Dey etc. Beside acting on films he is also a good singer.
Early life and Education
Partha Mukherjee was born on 27 March 1947 in Kolkata, West Bengal. After passing Higher Secondary Examination from Chakraberia Higher Secondary School of Kolkata he studied B.Com at the Charuchandra College in 1965 and later enrolled for M.Com at the Calcutta University but could not appear for exams due to the film offers . 
After getting a break as a child actor in the film “ Maa ” directed by Chitto Basu in 1958 he portrayed a number of memorable roles in the 1960s. Based on Rabindranath Tagore's cult short story Atithia Tapan Sinha cast him as the protagonist in Bengali film " Atithia ". Partha Mukherjee also acted in Tapan Sinha's Bengali movie “ Aponjon “. Known to carry himself well in both comedy, serious and tragic roles, Partha Mukherjee was at one time an automatic choice as Bengal film legend Uttam Kumar's on-screen brother or son in several Bengali movies. He acted more than 100 Bengali movies. 
He married music director Ashima Bhattacharya. 
He died of cardiac arrest at the age of 70.
Awards and Nominations
Partha Mukherjee got wide recognition for his role in Tapan Sinha's Bengali movie 'Athithi' adapted from Rabindranath Tagore's short story. The movie participated in Venice Film Festival f but missed the best actor award with just a few votes.The TMC lead state government had conferred Partha Mukhopadhyay with a special award for his contribution to Bengali film industry. 
- Maa (1958)
- Atithi (1965)
- Galpo Holeo Satti (1966) as Alok
- Balika Badhu (1967),
- Hatey Bazarey (1967)
- Apanjan (1968)
- Dhanyee Meye (1971), as Bogola
- Ajker Nayak (1972)
- Agnishwar (1975)
- Bagh Bondi Khela (1975)
- Faraar (1975)
- Sei Chokh (1976) as Amal
- Dampati (1976)
- Joy Maa Tara (1978)
- Dui Purush (1978)
- Ghatkali (1979) (as Partho Mukhopadhyay)
- Paar (film) (1984) (Hindi)
- Amar Prithivi (1985)
- Abasheshe (1985)
- Pyar Jhukta Nahin (1985) (Hindi)
- Rehguzar (1985)
- Chheleta (1986)(as Partho Mukhopadhyay)
- Naan Adimai Illai (1986) (Tamil)
- Abhagini (1991)
He acted in several TV serials.
- "Veteran Bengali actor Partha Mukherjee dies at the age of 70". www.indiatoday.in. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
- "Bengali actor Partha Mukherjee passes away, CM Mamata Banerjee pays tribute". www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
- "Bengali Actor Partha Mukhopadhyay Dies At 70". www.ndtv.com. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
- "Veteran Bengali actor Partha Mukhopadhyay dies at 70". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
- "স্মৃতিতে বেঁচে 'বগলা'! প্রয়াত অভিনেতা পার্থ মুখোপাধ্যায়". eisamay.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
|This article about an Indian actor is a stub. You can help Bharatpedia by expanding it.|