|Born||Navalram Jagannatha Trivedi|
11 October 1895
|Died||18 May 1944 (aged 48)|
|Pen name||Vaiyntey, Daberi, Ponipachis|
|Occupation||Literary critic, editor, professor|
Trivedi was born 11 October 1895 in Wadhwan in Audichya Sahastra Brahmin family. He completed schooling at Wadhwan Camp and passed his matriculation in 1914. After earning his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1920, he started his career as a professor at Lalshankar Umiyashankar Gujarati Mahila Pathashala. In 1926, he completed his Master of Arts. He served as a secretary of Gujarat Sahitya Sabha for twenty years.
He wrote humorous writing under three pen-names: Vainetey, Ponipachis and Daberi. He started his literary career by translating Bengali writer Arvind Ghosh's book into Gujarati as Karavasni Kahani (1921).
His works of criticism include Ketlak Vivechano (1934), Nava Vivechano (1941), Shesh Vivechano (1947; posthumous) and Samajsudhara Nu Rekhadarshan. Critics noted his criticism for its comparative approach.
He edited Jayanti Vyakhyana (1921, 2nd ed.), which is a collection of papers read at the anniversary meeting of fifteen Gujarati writers, by their friends and admirers. He wrote monograph on poet Kalapi under the title Kalapi (1944).
- Mehta, Barin. "સવિશેષ પરિચય: નવલરામ ત્રિવેદી, ગુજરાતી સાહિત્ય પરિષદ". Gujarati Sahitya Parishad (in ગુજરાતી). Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- Shastri, Keshavram Kashiram (1977). ગુજરાતના સારસ્વતો Gujaratna Saraswato [Who's Who in Gujarati Literature] (in ગુજરાતી) (1st ed.). Ahmedabad: Gujarat Sahitya Sabha. OCLC 900401455.
- Parekh, Madhusoodan (1977). Thaker, Dhirubhai (ed.). ગુજરાતી વિશ્વકોશ [Gujarati Encyclopedia] (in ગુજરાતી). VIII (1st ed.). Ahmedabad: Gujarati Vishwakosh Trust. pp. 777–778. OCLC 164810484.
- Thaker, Dhirubhai; Desai, Kumarpal, eds. (2007). Gujarat. Ahmedabad: Smt. Hiralaxmi Navanitbhai Shah Dhanya Gurjari Kendra, Gujarat Vishvakosh Trust. p. 383. OCLC 680480939.
- Jhaveri, Krishnalal Mohanlal (1956). Further Milestones in Gujarati Literature (2nd ed.). Mumbai: Forbes Gujarati Sabha. p. 350. OCLC 40452100.
- Thaker, Dhirubhai (1994). અર્વાચીન ગુજરાતી સાહિત્યની વિકાસરેખા [An Outline of the Development of Gujarati Literature]. 4 (updated ed.). Ahmedabad: Gurjar Grantharatna Karyalaya. pp. 291–292. OCLC 313214349.