Moin Uddin Khan Badal
মইন উদ্দীন খান বাদল
|Member of Parliament|
25 January 2009 – 24 January 2014
|Preceded by||Salahuddin Quader Chowdhury|
|Succeeded by||Hasan Mahmud|
29 January 2014 – 7 November 2019
|Preceded by||Nurul Islam|
|Succeeded by||Moslem Uddin Ahmad|
|Born||21 February 1952|
Boalkhali Upazila, Chittagong, East Bengal, Dominion of Pakistan
|Died||7 November 2019 (aged 67)|
|Political party||Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal|
Badal was born on 21 February 1952, in Sarowatali village in Boalkhali Upazila, Chittagong to Ahmadullah Khan and Zatuma Khatun. Badal was involved with Chhatra League in his student days, actively took part in the Liberation War. He was one of the key persons who tried to prevent offloading of firearms at Chittagong port during the war. He studied at the Chittagong Collegiate School.
Badal was elected to Parliament from Chittagong-7 in 2008 as a candidate of Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal. He was also a candidate of the Grand Alliance. On 26 February 2009, he visited the gates of Bangladesh Rifles headquarters during the Bangladesh Rifles mutiny and met mutineers. He was an adviser of the CVO Petrochemical Refinery, a public limited company. He served as the Executive President of the Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal.
Badal was elected to parliament again in 2014 from Chittagong-8. On 17 June 2015, he called upon the speaker of the parliament to issue a ruling to prevent the money laundering from Bangladeshi banks. In 2016, Badal and Sharif Nurul Ambia led a breakaway faction of Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal. The split happened after the President of Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal, Hasanul Haq Inu, appointed Shirin Akhter, Member of Parliament, the General Secretary of the Party. The appointment was opposed by Badal and Sharif Nurul Ambia. He blamed Inu for the split in the party.
On 1 March 2017, Badal criticised Human Rights Watch for its report on Bangladesh and denied allegations of torture against the government.
Badal died on 7 November 2019 at the age of 67, at a hospital in Bangalore of India on Thursday morning, he died at 7:45am while undergoing treatment at Devi Shetty's Narayana Hrudalayala Hospitals of Bangalore.
- "Witness testifies on killing of 5". The Daily Star. 12 December 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Constituency 284". parliament.gov.bd. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Big victory for grand alliance in Ctg". The Daily Star. 30 December 2008. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "A summary of the national probe report on the BDR mutiny". The Daily Star. 29 May 2009. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Industries minister promises all support". The Daily Star. 1 July 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "'Plot in army is to foil trial'". The Daily Star. 25 January 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Speaker's ruling sought to stop money laundering". The Daily Star. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "JSD got split because of Inu: Badal". NTV Online. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "JSD rebels blame Inu for rift". theindependentbd.com. The Independent. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Badal comes down heavily on HRW, US envoy". Dhaka Tribune. 28 February 2017. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away". Daily Sun. 7 November 2019. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- "MP Moinuddin Khan Badal dies at 67". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 7 November 2019.