K. S. Ashoka
K. S. Ashoka
|Burial place||Kyathanahalli, Mandya, Karnataka, India|
|Alma mater||Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE) Mysuru, Karnataka, India.|
|Occupation||Director, Screenwriter, Dialog writer|
|Years active||2013 - Present|
K. S. Ashoka known as Ashoka is an Indian movie director, writer.. He became popular in the wake of the success of his debut movie 6-5=2 Kannada. It was the first found footage movie in Kannada. with the grand success of the movie 6-5=2 Kannda version the same movie was Remade in Hindi with same title 6-5=2 Hindi and released in 2014 by different director. In Telugu, it was dubbed and released as Chitram kadu nizam. following the success of the movie 6-5=2. K S Ashoka directed second Movie name Dia which is critically acclaimed and was commercially successful as well.
With an Engineering degree from Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE) Mysuru, Ashoka was working In Citibank India where he found his colleague D Krishna Chaitanya as his first Movie 6-5=2 producer. following the success of the movie 6-5=2 they again collaborated to work together for the next movie Dia.
|2014||6-5=2||No||Yes||Yes||Hindi||Remake of 2013 film|||
Awards and nominations
|Dia||Chandanavana Film Critics Academy||Best Film||Won|||
- TNN (29 November 2013). "6-5=2 - yet another experimental film from Sandalwood". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "Horror film 6-5=2's real-life connection". The Times of India. 12 November 2014.
- Kumar, S. shiva (13 February 2020). "A look at K.S. Ashoka's 'Dia', the most interesting Kannada film of 2020". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 23 February 2020.
- "6-5=2 team celebrates the films 50-day run at BO at a press meet in Bangalore". www.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- "Winners: Chandanavana Film Critics Academy 2020: Dia, Popcorn Monkey Tiger, Gentleman Walk Away with Maximum Honours". ibtimes. 23 February 2021.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Bharatpedia by expanding it.|