A custom (also called a tradition) is a common way of doing things. It is something that many people do, and have done for a long time. Usually, the people come from the same country, culture, or religion. Usually, they do not know when the custom started.
Many customs are things that people do that are handed down from the past.
Examples of it are:
- Ceremonies is a class of customary, collective action.
- In some countries bowing to older people is polite and respectful.
- In some countries it is okay to burp while eating food.
- In some countries you take your shoes off before entering the house.
- In some places they sit on the floor and eat.
| Hi reader, Today, we ask you to sustain Bharatpedia's independence. 99% of our readers don't give; they simply keep reading. If you are an exceptional reader who has already donated, we sincerely thank you. We're a small non-profit organization funded mainly through small donations and this month we need to raise ₹50,000 to pay the maintenance fees and other expenses to keep Bharatpedia running and to serve the world for free. We ask you: please don’t scroll away. If you find this encyclopedia or its sister projects useful, take a minute to donate. Show the world that access to reliable, neutral information matters to you. Thank you.
Please select an option below if you are donating from India
or if you are are an international donor.
transparency: ₹450 raised out of ₹50,000 (3 supporter)
last donation recorded 3 days ago