Iyer with Director Lenin Rajendran and all other cast of Malayalam film Ratri Mazha at Indian Panaorama during presentation on 24.11.2007 at Panji Goa
|Born||Karunagappally Kerala, India|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, television host, Actor|
A resident of Bangalore, Chitra worked extensively with A. R. Rahman during the early 2000s on his Tamil films, while also having an alternate career as a television host and actress on Malayalam television.
Early in her career, Chitra Iyer attempted to reach out to composer A. R. Rahman to work with him, but found it difficult as she was based out of Bangalore. In 2000, Rahman initiated contact with Chitra and invited her to come to Chennai with a demo cassette of her work, with Chitra recording a series of Tamil and Malayalam songs. On the day of her visit to Chennai, Rahman immediately heard the songs and hired her to record for the song "Athini Sithini" for the film Thenali (2000) during the same evening. She subsequently continued to work for other composers in Tamil cinema including Karthik Raja, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Bharathwaj and Vidyasagar under her post-marriage name of Chitra Sivaraman. Furthermore, apart from in her mother tongue of Tamil, Chitra continued to sing playback for Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi films.
In the Malayalam entertainment industry, she had an alternate career as an anchor of a Malayalam singing show, Jeeva's Sapta Swarangal and hosted it under her maiden name, Chitra Iyer. Having done her education in Kerala, she had a good foundation in the Malayalam language, with her work on the show leading to further opportunities to sing for films.
Chitra Iyer is married to former Air Force pilot Vinod Sivaraman since 12 July 1989. The pair met at the insistence of their parents at Chennai Gymkhana Club in early 1989, and have since had two daughters Aditi and Anjali. In recent years, alongside her television commitments, Chitra has worked as the founder and trustee of the Society for Elephant Welfare in Kerala. She has also promoted farming with the state, supporting a project launched by her mother Rohini Iyer. Likewise, she launched a software company, Darkhorse Productions, in 2013 alongside her daughters Aditi and Anjali Sivaraman. 
|Year||Song title||Film||Music Director||Notes|
|2000||"Athini Sithini"||Thenali||A. R. Rahman|
|2001||"Athan Varuvaga"||Dumm Dumm Dumm||Karthik Raja|
|2001||"Adi Nenthikkitten"||Star||A. R. Rahman|
|2001||"Thozha Thozha"||Pandavar Bhoomi||Bharathwaj|
|2001||"Colour Colour"||Manadhai Thirudivittai||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|2002||"Neruppu Koothadikudhu"||Thulluvadho Ilamai||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|2002||"Dhuan Dhuan Sa"||16 December||Karthik Raja|
|2003||"Vasiyakaara"||Pudhiya Geethai||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|2003||"Ale Ale"||Boys||A. R. Rahman|
|2003||"Asathura"||Enakku 20 Unakku 18||A. R. Rahman|
|2004||"Anarkali"||Kangalal Kaidhu Sei||A. R. Rahman|
|2004||"Bommalattam"||Bose||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Year||Song title||Film||Music Director|
|1996||Kunjikattin||Naalamkettile Nalla Thampimar||SP Venkatesh|
|1998||Aadharam Madhuram||Gramapanchayath||Berny Ignatius|
|1998||Thankamani Tharamay||Kudumba Varthakkal|
|2001||Kalakalam Padum||Korappam the Great||Balabhaskar|
|2002||Raavinte Devahridayam||Mazhathullikilukkam||Suresh Peters|
|2002||Kaatoram Kadaloram||Sisiram||Berny Ignatius|
|2003||Chundatu chettipoo||Chronic Bachelor||Deepak Dev|
|2003||Nalkani Aayalo||Ottakambi Nadam||Ramesh Narayan|
|2004||Valentine Valentine||Yout festival||M. Jayachandran|
|2004||Paalathil Thallithali||Udayam||Mohan Sithara|
|2005||Oru Swapnam||December||Jassie Gift|
|2007||Sneham Kondoru (slow)|
|2013||Hey Ethuvazhi||Arikil Oraal||Gopi Sundar|
- Sapthaswarangal (Asianet) as Host
- Idea Star singer 2006 (Asianet) as Judge
- Voice of Kerala (Surya TV) as Judge
- Sangeetha Mahayudham (Surya TV) as Team Captain
- Malayalee House (Surya TV) as Contestant
She has also performed in a few Mauritius Television shows as Performer
- TV serials - Malayalam
|2002||Venalmazha||Surya TV||N/A||Singer - Thalirayi song|
|2013||Kumkumapoovu||Asianet||Jithan's friend||Super hit|
|2015-2016||Eeran Nilavu||Flowers (TV channel)||Vidya|
- Athira X C (Malayalam) - telefilm
- 2007 - Rathri Mazha (Malayalam)
- 2009 - Makante Achan (Malayalam) as Herself
- 2010 - Kaaryasthan (Malayalam) as Herself
- 2011 - Makaramanju (Malayalam) as Rukku Bai
- 2012 - Casanovva (Malayalam)
- 2012 - Unnam (Malayalam) as Padma
- 2012 - Arike (Malayalam) as Kalpan's chitta
- 2018 - B.Tech (Malayalam) as Priya's mother
- 2021 - Mohan Kumar Fans as Herself
- "Find a track - Asian Network - BBC Music". bbc.co.uk. Archived from the original on 1 January 2018. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Chandigarh Stories". tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "When fortune met talent..." The Hindu. 2 January 2004. Archived from the original on 20 November 2004. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "shevlin's world: July 2013". shevlinsebastian.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Society for Elephant Welfare". sew-india.org. Archived from the original on 8 August 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Mathrubhumi: ReadMore -'Rohini Iyer earns income through varied farming'". mathrubhumi.com. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "DARKHORSE PRODUCTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED". Indian Company Info. Retrieved 2 November 2017.