Birmingham Thyagaraja Festival
|Birmingham Thyagaraja Festival|
Birmingham Thyagaraja Festival is an annual Carnatic culture musical event that takes place in Solihull in UK. It is conducted by the south Asian non-profit organization ShruthiUK. The festival is named after Saint Tyagaraja, a prominent 18th-century Indian composer of Carnatic music.
- In 2018, the festival helped raised funds for the British Heart Foundation to help fund research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease
- "Humbled and Honoured - News". The Asian Today Online. 9 March 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- "April 2017 - Dean honoured for achievements in the field of science - University of Wolverhampton". Wlv.ac.uk. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- ABPL. "Connecting all strands of Diversity through Carnatic Music". Asian-voice.com. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- "YOUR CHANCE TO NOMINATE UNSUNG FEMALE HEROES | Asian Independent". Theasianindependent.co.uk. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
|This article related to Carnatic music is a stub. You can help Bharatpedia by expanding it.|