|Managing Director of the World Bank Group|
|Assumed office |
7 October 2019
|Preceded by||Kristalina Georgieva (Chief Executive)|
|MD of State Bank of India|
7 September 2018 – 31 August 2019
|Preceded by||B. Sriram|
|Succeeded by||Shri Gupta|
|Born||September 7, 1960|
In 1981, Kant completed her masters' in Economics from Delhi School of Economics. She earned her bachelors' in Economics from Lady Sri Ram College for Women in 1979  At the Indian Institute of Bankers, she is a Certified Associate.
In 1983, Kant joined the State Bank of India (SBI) as a probationary officer. She became the chief general manager of SBI (Maharashtra and Goa), deputy managing director of operations for National Banking Group, and chief executive officer of SBI (Singapore). In September 2018, she became the managing director of SBI for a period of two years, and a member of the bank's board.
On 12 July 2019, she was appointed as the chief financial officer and managing director of the World Bank Group, and will be responsible for the balance sheet and financial and risk management.
- "Explained: Anshula Kant's journey from SBI to World Bank". The Indian Express. 13 July 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "SBI MD Anshula Kant appointed World Bank CFO and MD". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- Kumar, Sanjay (13 July 2019). "World Bank appoints Anshula Kant as MD, CFO". BFSI. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- Bhakta, Pratik (21 October 2015). "Meet SBI CFO Anshula Kant, the woman who busted myths and ran a bank like a start up". The Economic Times. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Who is Anshula Kant, the new State Bank of India (SBI) MD?". Zee Business. 11 September 2018. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Anshula Kant appointed new SBI MD; to serve till September 2020". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Anshula Kant appointed SBI Managing Director: Here's her journey from Probationary Officer to MD". The Financial Express. 7 September 2018. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Who is Anshula Kant — Indian banker appointed as MD and CFO of World Bank". The Financial Express. 12 July 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Fond of malai pua, World Bank's new CFO Anshula Kant has a strong Varanasi connection". Hindustan Times. 15 July 2019. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Bharatpedia by expanding it.|