Sreevalsan J. Menon
|Due to the mass creation of spam accounts, we have temporarily disabled the account creation option so please visit Special:RequestAccount to add your account request. Thank you.|
Dr. Sreevalsan J. Menon
|Origin||Kunissery, Palakkad, Kerala, India|
After initial training under Rajalakshmi Krishnan (disciple of Chembai Vaidyanatha Bhagavathar) and violinist T.V. Ramani at Thrissur, Menon had much of his advanced tutelage under the late Neyyattinkara Vasudevan. Menon is an 'A' grade artist of All India Radio and has given concerts all over the country including the National Concerts of AIR and Doordarshan. He has received several awards including Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi Award 2013, from the Madras Music Academy, and a title from Krishna Gana Sabha, also in Chennai, besides such institutions of repute in the Deccan. He has also participated in Music Transcends, a symphony held at Washington, D.C. in 2004, integrating Western and Indian classical music. His jugalbandis with Hindustani vocalist Ramesh Narayan and late Kathakali musicians Kalamandalam Sankaran Embranthiri and Kalamandalam Hyderali have been widely appreciated.
Menon's two songs ("I Be Here" and "I Have Secrets") and background score for Saint Dracula has been qualified for songs and original score categories of 85th Academy Awards.
Known for the spiritual quality of his renditions, Sreevalsan's carnatic music style is marked by a majestic sweep in Krithi rendering, brevity in alapana, meaningful Niraval elaborations; all in sync with a perfect alignment to Sruthi.
Sreevalsan has also carved a niche area for himself through his thematic musical productions on the Rains, Seasons, Rasas and Temples of Kerala.
Menon is married to Indu since 8 September 1996 and they have a daughter Subadra and a son Narayanan who are also known for their musical talent.
Menon's music albums are fresh and innovative. They include Vanaprastham, a musical interpretation of the famous short story by M.T. Vasudevan Nair; Monsoon Anuraga a musical experience on monsoon rains. Vismaya, a fantasy video album featuring Artist Namboodiri, M T Vasudevan Nair and menon himself. He has given Carnatic vocal performances and lecture demonstrations throughout India, the Middle East, UK, US, Canada and Africa.
Menon works as Professor at the Kerala Agricultural University in Thrissur, and has a Ph D in Agricultural Extension from IARI, New Delhi. (He earned his doctorate with research on the social impact of rubber cultivation.) A native of Kunissery in Palakkad district, Menon lives in the temple town of Tripunithura off Kochi.
|2008||My Mother's Laptop||Malayalam|
|2010||T. D. Dasan Std. VI B||Malayalam|
|2012||Saint Dracula 3D||English||Shortlisted for Oscar Award for Best Song and Best Background Score|
|Anarkali||Malayalam||Song: Over N Over |
|The great Indian road journey||Background Score|
|2018||Appuvinte Sathyanweshanam||Malayalam||Background Score|
|Padmini (film)||Malayalam||Music & Background Score|
|2019||Run Kalyani||Malayalam||Background Score|
|Kenjira||Malayalam||Music & Background Score|
|Gramavrikshathile Kuyil||Malayalam||Lead Actor, Music & Background Score |
- Krishna - A Musical Reflection
- Monsoon Anuraga
- Classical Encounters - with guru Sri. Neyyatinkara Vasudevan
- Vismaya - Emotional Expressions: audio & music video album with Bini Panicker
- Manasa Smarami
- Madhuram Gayati
- Ananda Poonkatru
- Sree Guruvayurappan Gananjali : Vol - 3
- Jugal Bandi : Vol 1 & 2 - with Kalamandalam Shankaran Embranthiri & Meledam Narayanan
- Begane Baro
- Navarasa Thillana
- Irayimman Thampi Kritis
- Swami Ayyappan
- The genius of Kunjan Nambiar
- Sreevalsan J. Menon - Official website
- 75 Original Songs Tune Up For 2012 Oscar®
- Will Sreevalsan bring home an Oscar?
- 104 Original Scores in 2012 Oscar® Race
- Video Interview - Carnatic musician, Vocalist - Sreevalsan J. Menon
- The Hindu - Kunnakkudi Vaidyanathan and Sreevalsan J. Menon
- The Hindu - AWESOME TRIO: Sreevalsan J. Menon, flanked by M.T. Vasudevan Nair, writer, and artist Namboodiri
- Newindpress - When dusk settles...
- Video - Vismaya Music Album
- My Mother's Laptop - Music & Background Score
- The Hindu - A musical version of Changampuzha’s ‘Ramanan'
- The Hindu - WELL composed!
- Sreevalsan with Nithyasree Mahadevan
- Remembering Mandolin U. Sreenivas (Malayalam)
- Interview with Sreevalsan J Menon - Times of India
- Sreevalsan J. Menon on IMDb
- Sreevalsan praises Action Hero Biju