|Region||Assam, Manipur and Nagaland|
Rongmei is a Sino-Tibetan language spoken by Rongmei Naga community in Northeast India. It has been called Songbu and is close to Zeme and Liangmai. The language has been nomenclatured as "Ruangmei" and studied as a First Language paper from class I to X of Board of Secondary Education, Manipur. Ruangmei is studied as a Minor Indian Language(MIL) in Class XI & XII of Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur (Cohsem).
A lower-mid elongated sound [ɐː] also occurs only in word-medial positions.
- "Naga, Rongmei". Ethnologue. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
- "Board of secondary education manipur- BSEM".
- "Welcome to Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur".
- "Distribution of 99 non schedule languages" (PDF). Census India. MHA, Govt of India. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "Census of language in India 2011". MHA, Govt of India.
- Tiwari, Surendra K. (1971). A descriptive grammar of Kabui. Poona: Deccan College.